Friday, March 6, 2020

Pesonal Message: Branding management and a bit of housekeeping...

Good day, frugal streamers around the world! Just a bit of an update today...

As I was reviewing how things were going with this blog and other social media I was managing for it, I quickly discovered a few things that I needed to update and advise about.

Before I set up this blog, The Frugal Streamer on Blogspot, I didn't really do any kind of "due diligence" about the name "The Frugal Streamer". Certainly, the blog name, "thefrugalstreamer.blogspot.com," had not been taken, so I figured I had a clear field to the branding of "The Frugal Streamer"!

Well, it turns out that there is ANOTHER "Frugal Streamer" out there (do a Google search and you might find him fairly quickly) who runs a site with the same name (and Twitter handle) dealing with frugal streaming tools and ideas for podcasters. DANG! So now I had to quickly rethink my branding strategy before my blog catches on beyond a point of no return (or before I get the attention of that 'other guy' lol).

So, first thing I did is delete my old Twitter handle (@frugalstreamer) and now you will find my new Twitter handle to be @StreamOnABudget. (I checked, the name was not taken and wouldn't be confused with anything else on Twitter, I figure, so all should be good! lol) I would love for you all to click the "Follow Me on Twitter" logo in the right sidebar of the blog and follow me!

Secondly, I wanted to make sure that my YouTube Channel (Free2View TV Canada on YouTube) was not conflicting with any other "Free2View" channel there. Again, another whim without really doing proper research. Indeed, there was another "Free2ViewTV", but it has not been active for over 11 years. In fact, this particular "satellite TV" service came out of Africa and appears to be defunct right now. With a bit of googling, their official site now appears to stream from the UK-based FilmOn streaming service. So, I figure I am also safe with keeping my YouTube channel active as it is and just keep growing from there.

Which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma with the blog... I am not associated with that 'other guy' I mentioned earlier, so I basically renamed the blog as "@StreamOnABudget | Canada | Free2View TV", using my new Twitter handle and still in keeping with the "theme" of 'frugal streaming', differentiating myself with the others, and still being able to entertain and inform a growing audience with all things thrifty in the streaming / cord-cutting universe.

I hope you all stick with me as I continue cleaning things up here at the @StreamOnABudget / The Frugal Streamer (Canada) / Free2View TV blog. I would love to read any comments, feedback and suggestions that you may have!

Until next time, Happy Streaming! -GB.

No comments:

Post a Comment